The Amsterdam Marimba Weekend and Orgelpark-Amsterdam have the pleasure to announce a new composition contest, encouraging composers of all nationalities and ages to submit new works. In this way we would like to extend the repertoire for that unique combination and give the opportunity for both instrumentalists and audience to explore a whole new field of sound and music forms.
Open to composers of any age and nationality with any compositional genre and style
Exclusively for the combination of organ and marimba.
Note: If desired, additional percussion instruments, objects, sounds track / electronics, and so on could be used as long as it does not exceed the duo format of the composition.
20th of January 2020
The scores must be original (no arrangements) and have not been performed yet.
• Duration – maximum of 10 minutes.
• scores in PDF format
• MP3 or link to a midi recording
• contact info
• short bio including date of birth (for general statistics, will not affect the selection process)
• relevant additional information / program notes on the piece
Martijn Padding – composer, professor at the Royal Conservatory, The Hague, NL
Jan Hage – performer, organist at Domkerk – the Cathedral of Utrecht, NL
Johan Luijmes – organ performer, program director Orgelpark, Amsterdam NL
Tatiana Koleva – marimba / percussion performer, professor at Prince Claus Conservatory Groningen, artistic director Amsterdam Marimba Weekend
- the wining piece(s) will be performed on March 13th 2020 at the Amsterdam Orgelpark by professional musicians
- professional live audio recording– the winning composition will be made available for performers world-wide and the festival will provide the needed publicity
- € 3000 for new commission (with different instrumentation) for the next festival Edition in 2022
Deadline: 20th of January 2020
Entry Fee: 25.00 euro
Note: An entry will be officially confirmed upon receiving the application and all the required information.
Information & application: www.amsterdammarimbaweekend.nl www.orgelpark.nl